DoulaCare Ireland is delighted to have an exclusive partnership with Irish Life Health to provide their members with postnatal support in their homes.
Here’s a secret nobody ever tells you. No-one ever masters parenting.
Irish Life Health have an extensive range of maternity benefits to help you access the support you need as you become a parent and embark on this life changing journey. Their maternity benefits go above and beyond to help you thrive rather than just survive your first year as a parent. Irish Life Health will help look after you so you can look after your bundle of joy.
Our experienced postnatal supporters will help you with the transition to parenthood, giving you guidance on your newborn’s needs - from sleeping and feeding to changing and soothing, empowering you to thrive as a parent.
This unrivalled Home Early Support includes visits from postnatal supporters, who provide gentle and caring support, information and companionship and even a few hours break if needed.
What is included?
All doulas working with Doulacare Ireland and offering postnatal support with Irish Life provide:
- Emotional support (listening to your birth story, your fears / frustrations / concerns, observing your postpartum recovery, etc.)
- Baby care education and support (assist in bathing, feeding, comforting the baby, cutting baby's nails, organising the nursery / your home, etc.)
- Breastfeeding or supplementing support. Help making up bottles for baby (if formula feeding).
- Practical support - we can preparing simple, nutritious meals for your family.
- Maintaining simple housework (laundry, vacuuming, emptying garbage, straightening up the house, dusting, dishes, etc.)
- Watching the baby and / or older children so the adults can rest
- Lending library of reading materials
- Referrals to other professionals as needed
We are there to mind the new family and help you adjust to life with a new baby. This is a professional service that will allow your family to thrive with your baby, not just survive!